Scientific Association for Infocommunications Hungary
Who we are
Founded in 1949, the Scientific Association for Infocommunications (formerly known as Scientific Society for Telecommunications) is a voluntary and autonomous professional society of engineers and economists, researchers and businessmen, managers and educational, regulatory and other professionals concerned in the fields of telecommunications, broadcasting, electronics, information and media technologies in Hungary.
The Scientific Association for Infocommunications (in Hungarian: HÍRKÖZLÉSI ÉS INFORMATIKAI TUDOMÁNYOS EGYESÜLET, HTE) has a membership of ca. 1500 individuals who are distinguished and highly qualified members of their professions and 100 corporate members. Among the corporate members large companies and small-and-medium enterprises with industrial, trade, service-providing, research and development activities as well as educational institutions and other organizations can be found.
The Scientific Association for Infocommunications (HTE) is a member of the Hungarian Federation of Technical and Scientific Societies (MTESz).
Our mission is:
- to promote the convergence of information and communication technologies, the emergence and deployment of synergic applications and innovations;
- to broaden expert knowledge and skills of members by means of providing information about the technology, business and regulatory trends, national and international scientific, technical and social innovations and by establishing professional relations;
- to promote and diffuse the achievement of infocommunication engineering, manufacturing and management and to facilitate the exchange of ideas and experiences;
- to advocate the importance and increasing role of the field of competence in the today’s economy and society, to promote the social recognition of technical creative work and intellectuals as well as to represent the interest of members;
- to integrate and try to harmonise the professional opinions and standpoints derived from various group interests and market dynamics.
With a view to its goals the HTE:
- contributes to the analysis of technical, economic and social questions related to its field of competence, and forward the synthesized opinion of the experts to scientific, legislative, industrial and educational organisations and institutes;
- takes part through its members in the accomplishment of various technical, scientific and legislative projects and tasks of general interest;
- follows the national and international trends and results related to its field of competence, fosters the professional and business relations between foreign and Hungarian companies and institutes;
- in order to transfer and deploy scientific, technical and economic knowledge and skills, organises an extensive range of lectures, seminars, debates, conferences, exhibitions, company presentations, and club events and provides information on these events;
- devotes a special attention to the aspects of the small-and-medium enterprises and the young professionals;
- in its monthly NEWSLETTER, provides information on current events, programmes and activities related to the Association’s life;
- through its monthly periodical „HÍRADÁSTECHNIKA” (twice a year in English), provides publishing opportunities for scientific achievements and presentation of companies and products;
- promotes secondary and higher professional education and takes active part in the development of professional education, teaching and training;
- establishes and maintains relations with other domestic and foreign fellow associations, promotes the participation of its members in their conferences and of their experts in its own events;
- awards prizes (Tivadar PUSKÁS Prize, etc.) for outstanding scientific, research-development, educational, managerial, manufactural, commercial, operational, service-providing and/or societal activities in the fields of infocommunications.
Organization of the HTE
National managing and supervising bodies:
General Assembly, Presidency, Executive Committee, Supervisory Committee, Ethics Committee
Permanent advisory bodies:
Economics Committee, Award Committee, International Relations Committee, Scientific Committee, Senior Committee, Juniors Committee, Council of Corporate members
Professional Sections :
Cable television, Computer engineering, Digital Movies Club, Documentation technology, Energetic communications, e-Hungary, Infocom project management, IT-Product Certification, Media technologies (Reception, DAB), Microelectronics, Senior Club, Telecommunications, Radio Communications, Transport communications;
Infocommunications Journal is covered by the following indexing services: Inspec, Compendex
Office: Budapest V. Kossuth Lajos tér 6-8. Room: 422
1372 Budapest Pf. 451. Hungary